Saturday, November 28, 2009

The 3rd Annual Dark Days Challenge

It's official. I have enthusiastically signed up to document my already-planned local-foods-dominated winter!

As a recent transplant to Western Massachusetts, I had the great good fortune to end up living with some urban homesteaders who have:

a) good-naturedly tolerated, encouraged, and joined in on my obsessive fermenting of four or five gallons of local, organic kimchi in my first month of renting a room in their home and

b)hooked me up with their local co-op membership and various CSA memberships to get us all through the winter.

So, having just happened upon the Dark Days Challenge inspired by (not so) Urban Hennery, I quickly signed myself up, although I think I'm a week or two late for the technical start date. The essence of the challenge is that I will cook a minimum of one "SOLE" (Sustainable, Organic, Local, Ethical) dish per week, and I will share the details with all of you. Thanks for coming along for the ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your input! Your comment is awaiting moderation.