Thursday, December 3, 2009

Veggie Delivery

Upon arriving back to Western Mass after a grueling 36 sleepless hours of packing and traveling, I was energized to find that my housemates had picked up the first two installments of veggie CSA and that the milk delivery had started while I was home for Thanksgiving!

I am now living in incredible abundance with fresh carrots, sweet potatoes, butternut squash, garlic, cabbage, green kale, red kale, raddishes, beets, parsnips, leeks, brussel sprouts, onions, celeriac, broccoli, fresh milk, and an added bonus of white potatoes that I helped harvest from my housemates' summer garden. I am ready to go for the winter!







I know this looks like a lot of food (because it is), but this first delivery was a unique situation. It included two CSAs, one of which was a bulk one-time delivery of mostly storage vegetables. The other will come on a bi-weekly basis throughout the winter. The milk will come weekly, and it tastes like fresh grassy fields and flowers and sunny days and childhood. I lived on a raw milk dairy last year, and the milk there was very good and wonderfully digestible, but I've never tasted anything like this fresh milk. I may have to up from a quart to a gallon delivery....

2 comments:

  1. Ok, last comment for today..I feel like I've over-commented, but I'm excited about your blog because I think about this stuff all the time and I think it bores most people. Anyway, I just wanted to say I am super jealous of your milk delivery. I have a local veggie delivery and a local meat & dairy buying club but it doesn't include milk. They just started distributing a local farm's milk in SRQ and Bradenton right before I moved to Tampa but I can't get it up here. Also, it's all pasteurized. I love grassy milk!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Caitlin,

    I have never heard of a milk delivery like this before, but I am so excited about it as well! This milk is pasteurized as well...I would love to get raw, but the only way to do that is to bike to a farm in another town. Which I may do at some point, but it's so eeeasy when it come right to your door!

    Jeanell

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your input! Your comment is awaiting moderation.